Fenthion 50% EC 55-38-9 pest contact and stomach Chemical
- Fenthion is a contact and stomach insecticide used against many
sucking, biting pests.
- Fenthion is particularly effective against fruit flies, leaf
hoppers, cereal bugs, stem borers, mosquitoes, animal parasites,
mites, aphids, codling moths, and weaver birds.
- Common Name: Fenthion
- CAS No.: 55-38-9
- Fenthion is a contact and stomach Insecticide used against many
sucking, biting pests, especially fruit flies, stem borers,
mosquitoes, and Eurygaster cereal bugs.
- In mosquitoes, Fenthion is toxic to both the adult and immature
- Once used extensively in the U.S. for controlling intestinal worms,
Fenthion no longer has FDA approval due to an excess number of
- Fenthion is available in dust, emulsifiable concentrate, granular,
liquid concentrate, spray concentrate, ULV and wettable powder
- While Fenthion is effective as an Insecticide, Fenthion is also
moderately toxic to mammals, and highly toxic to birds.
- Based on its high toxicity to birds, Fenthion is used in various
parts of the world for weaver bird control. Pest control operators
have used Fenthion to control pigeons around public buildings, as
well. For bird control, use is made of Fenthion’s contact action
and its ready absorption through the skin.
- Fenthion is applied as a paste to roosting areas when utilized for
such purposes. Fenthion has been tested in dogs and cows for
possible control of parasites.
- Fenthion is one of a class of Insecticides referred to as
- These chemicals act by interfering with the activities of
cholinesterase, an enzyme that is essential for the proper working
of the nervous systems of both humans and insects.
Fenthion is available in dust, emulsifiable concentrate, granular,
liquid concentrate, spray concentrate, ULV, and wettable powder
Fenthion 50% EC Package Size(s):
500ml, 1L, 2L, 5L, 20L (or against your request)